Thursday 8 January 2009

Tear it up! Rip it up! Kick it up!

Hello there! How are you?

I've just come across something which frankly should've been glaringly obvious to me since I first began this blog. All these photos, bar the new year's when someone else was taking them, will be backwards.

This has only just occurred to me when I thought it weird that my Kings Of Leon t-shirt looked just like random scrawl!

I could take this opportunity to reverse my photos, but dammit! I'm set in my ways!

I suppose I'd be lying if I said that my jeans were not directly inspired by http://lovemoreblog.blogspot.com/, who recently posted a blog where she went medieval on a pair of Levis. I've been looking for a while for a pair of light denim skinnies to tramp- up, but decided that this pair of garishly ill-fitting Primark £6 skinnies would suffice. And success!

For the past few days Appetite for Destruction has been my non-stop soundtrack, so I'm completely loving the 90's-dishevelled-trashy-glamorous-rock-star look.

Honestly I haven't really listened to Guns N' Roses since I was 11/12 and all the other girls were into Natasha Bedingfield (in middle school girls listening to rock were weird, golly gosh how times change!)

Today I rocked a Kings of Leon t-shirt I got 2 years ago, teamed this with a Dotty P's bangle and my white boots. Next to my other pair, these are second in command on the boots front.

The jeans turned out to cause a bit of commotion at school, I got countless confused and disgruntled glares from the lower school kids. My mates liked them, well they "liked them for me" which is code for "I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole, but as long as you're happy"

I actually felt rather spectacular all day! I've been trying them on with my whole wardrobe.

I didn't get to strut them too much, I only stayed in school for Graphics and Philosophy because after 2 days absent from school, I still don't seem to have recovered. I'm essentially a massive academic nerd and I hate that I'm missing so much because it's 6th form, so it's something I've chosen as opposed to compulsory education. I tried today and I'll try again tomorrow.
And oh my god! How nice is everyone who comments? Everyone is so sweet! Thankyou!
Much Love!
-Sarah

12 comments:

  1. I wouldn't touch them with a 10ft pole, but as long as you're happy- made me laugh. i know my friends think this about me most of the time, only being the blunt people they are they just go ahead and tell me :(

    i love the jeans, and you have such amazing hair! i wish mine would look nice all wavy, but its too thick so i just shove it up! how do you get it to look so good?!

    get better soon, i'm seriously behind on my graphics work as it is and i have my gcse in around 3 weeks!? woops...
    so i hope you can catch up, i know i need to!

    molly xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love what you did to those jeans! it looks great!

    toni

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha, may I suggest a photgrapher? they are super helpful!

    lovely shirt laddyyy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on the jeans! I'm glad you had fun wearing them to school.

    ReplyDelete
  5. rock suits you, u should keep it this way. and forget about the photographer, if you wish to change the way u take ur pics, discover...the timer button! xA

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOOOO YOU LITTLE RIPPER! literally! ha well done love they look so rad! and thanks soo much for your link in your post and mentioning me :) so sweet of you! so glad you went ahead with it!
    and to everyone who didn't like them at your school - well they have NO idea! so PFTTTT to them. you rocked it out. love the tops too!
    xxxxx LM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your jeans! Fantastic. Kisses ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the jeans, strut them with pride dear! And your hair is totally amazing!! Oh and I agree with you on the Sixth Form front, given that I had actually 'chosen' to go, I wanted my moneys worth lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. i love these!
    and your hair is amazing.
    so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the outfit, so badass!
    and youre so pretty

    ReplyDelete