Sunday 18 January 2009

Let's get physical!

Hello There! How are you?

You may notice my cool-kid/not-so-cool-kid posing. When a camera's shoved in my face unannounced then I'm fairly photogenic (can I hear the vanity fairy calling?) however for my outfit photos, pictures where my face isn't contorted in such a way to look like a twat are few and far between. If I do wacky poses then I can side-step this issue, as the healthy dose of loser-pose is on purpose!


Wednesday I wore my Miss Selfridge via Age Concern top, dad-skirt and big green River Island boots along with an array of necklaces.
All this before me and my mate Vicky went to the gym.


I will just elaborate on this for you. You see, in Hexham there is a sports centre called the Wentworth centre which had the basic trimmings of a sports centre; tennis court, running track, fairly complete gym, water fountain, etc. It had big halls and rooms where I went to a couple birthday parties in first school, and a ball pit that I never went to.

Last year when PE was compulsory we took buses down and got free usage of the gym every lesson along with a free induction . This triggered Vicky and I's complete conviction with going to the gym, and since we went along to the Wentworth for free we've vowed to start going to the gym. Needless to say we didn't, but we did talk about it! And we also were adamant that we would go for runs. Didn't do that either.


Last year the Wentworth launched a complete renovation, where they installed 2 swimming pools and a hip, new-fangled, completely decked out gym. Work was completed around last october I think, and so the plan for the gym was back on, almost, Vicky and I decided it would be better for after new year's. So 2 weeks ago me and Vicky got all excited that we were actually going, after procrastinating so much and being the cause for much amusement for the rest of my crew we were going to the gym!


We planned it for last wednesday, and I was ill so it didn't happen. And the crew laughed at me because they all thought I skivved out of fear from the gym, and the run on the sunday was off too due to illness.

Finally on wednesday, we made it down to the Wentworths after school, and I realised I hate tracky-Bs because they hate me! I have never felt more self-conscious or out of place, so thank goodness Vicky was there for moral support. I almost wore my massive "Geissler" t-shirt, because it's big and cosy, however glad I didn't as pretty much everyone who does PE at my school was there and I didn't want to be that girl who has her last name on a t-shirt.


The gym was so cool, the cross-trainers had tv screens on them! So of course afterwards we headed over the road to Tesco and pigged out on chocolate filled chocolate chip cookies and mango pop (eurgh, by the way). But the next day I was ill again, and when I was at school on Friday I got so much stick from people simply thinking I'd overdone the gym and couldn't move on thursday, which wasn't what happened! But my mum did advise me against the sunday run and any more gym-ing untill I'm fully recovered.


And I realise that there may be a fair few people who read this and think 'what's the crack with her? i go to the gym all the time! it's not THAT interesting!' then you should either chuckle at my humble naive adventures out of my comfort zone, or keep your thoughts to yourself!

A while ago I got this leopard print top from the RSPCA, and it looked great when I tried it on, however the moment I got it home it was apparent that there was something about it which was just odd. I don't know if it was the cut or the drape of it, but it hung in the most unflattering way. So I dealt with it the way I deal with all problematic clothes, I attacked it with scissors.

Now it hangs a lot better as a cardi. On Friday I teamed it with a strappy I made froma primark tshirt, the dad-skirt, my kaffiyeh (thankyou very much Ivana!) and my complete heels of the moment.

On Saturday for work, both paying and volunteer, I wore the leopard cardi again, with an H&M dress and a skirt under the dress, because frankly it's the most see through dress and I should like to think I'm not an exhibitionist! I have on with it a little brooch and waist belt, both RSPCA, and my heels!


After work I met up with the crew and we headed up to mine; I live fairly central to everywhere in Hexham whereas most of my friends live at the edge of town or a couple towns over, so my crib is generally the venue to crash.

Whilst I was working away, Vicky bought some hair dye. Me and her used to have the same colour of hair which wasn't really definable as a colour; it was too light to be brunette, too dark to be blonde and too grey to be auburn. I remedied this by attempting blonde which at first ended as outrageous ginger, and I'm still in a rut hair-wise as I can't get it blonde myself, but I don't trust hairdressers.


I worked at one for two weeks with the school work experience programme which was fine, and from that I got hired at another hairdressers. At this particular establishment, the girls were nice enough to me, but they were so bitchy about the customers! And I'd never get my hair done there as I'd like to know my attitude toward the hairdresser wouldn't be a factor in the price of a haircut.

In all fairness, I am a little bit spiteful that I got sacked after 4 weeks, oh well!

But now I cut and dye my own hair (which explains why I have long hair), and on the occasion my friends are skint and need a trim. So I dyed Vicky's hair in the kitchen sink, which in every other aspect was completely professional! So her hair looks all pretty and brunette now, and we have both escaped our weird, dull, non-colour hair!

So I'm preparing myself for tomorrow at school to explain to most of my teachers that I didn't do my homework as I've missed too many important lessons to understand what on earth we're doing, I hate how my genuine reasons sound so contrived and false!

Cheers so much to everyone giving their thoughts on universities! It's such a help to get different views on it, and in Hexham I wouldn't be able to get such an array of people giving their input as I do here on the blog!


Very much love!
-Sarah

6 comments:

  1. i love that last outfit. :) so gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you are layering different textures and patterns! Great name for a blog, btw!

    xoxox,
    CC

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow you have amazing outfits!
    i like your style :)
    I added you to my links. I hope it doesn´t bother


    kisses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the leopard print blouse. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the outfits!

    xoxo,
    La C.

    ReplyDelete