Tuesday 6 January 2009

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow

Okay, I know, completely cliche title reference to snow. But c'mon! It was snowing! Yesterday morning I was wishing it was Christmas again! I completely had a little kid moment
when I threw open the curtains to reveal a winter wonderland!


For school (back at school, eurgh!) I donned a vintage shirt I picked up at the clothes show live last year. Teamed with thick black tights, Tesco Uggs and a skirt I found at a clothes swapping event. All topped off with a belt from the RSPCA.

I'm one of the silly people who insists on wearing a mini-skirt regardless of the weather, to be honest I rarely feel the cold on my knees. But I could do without the countless people constantly inquiring "Are you not absolutely freezing!?" I always wear thermal socks and a massive mack, so it's not as if I'm not wrapped up!
After that I was off to work, so I swiftly changed into something a little more conservative, I changed into my cut-off Primark skinnies, Tesco cardi and my ever-relevant boots.
I got a text off my boss saying that due to the credit crunch 6 of the stores we're concessions to have closed, so now we have to put in our all to ensure our concession positions at the rest of our shops.
These pictures were taken after my walk home from work, during which time I realised I should have worn gloves as my hands were utterly tomato.
Today I was off from school, frankly tonsilitis is just a frustration. I doubt I missed much, on Tuesdays my first lesson is Philosophy at 10.10, then break, then Graphics, then the rest of the day is free.
After assembly at 9 my mate and I always trot back to my house for hot chocolate. It's rather convenient to live near school!
My mate was ill too, so I ended up sleeping till 11, then reading Sophie's World for a couple hours.
Now I'm gathering information for my Graphics project's art history. I'm looking at Las Vegas, which is an excuse for me to play with pretty shiny things. I recently invested in a £7 laminator, so now there is no excuse for things to not be shiny!

Much Love,
-Sarah

5 comments:

  1. oh cute photos!! and thanks for agreeing on my money spending ways..haha
    u poor thing with school and snowy weather! how sad!! :( good luck with your project!! xx LM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! Bloody hands! I had the same reaction when it started snowing a few weeks ago. Completely reverted to age 7 at the sight of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pictures are so cute, i'm fond of the way that you get dressed :)
    I'm a french girl so excuse me if i do some grammatical mistakes !
    Do you live in London anyway ?
    XOXO
    Marion

    ReplyDelete