Thursday 1 January 2009

Welcome To The January

Happy New Year!!
For the past few days my crew (yeah, I say crew despite being neither pirate nor gangsta) have been inviting me to various new years shindigs, which I had declined due to health.
After a day of slouching about, feeling sorry for myself, I decided to stick on a frock just to look and feel nice when it hit midnight.
Well...just a dress turned to a dress with accessories, and shoes, and hair, and makeup. The dress was a H&M dress I found in the RSPCA shop for £3. The belt, ring, bracelets and brooch on my necklaces (which there wasn't a good picture of) were all from the RSPCA - I found all these things before they hit the shop floor! The heels were the shoes for my yr11 ball, they're from New Look and I'm intending to wear them more often this year.
So pretty much I was all dressed up with nowhere to go, I'd already declined my mates offer as I assumed I'd still be under the weather. My mum, nana and I were all sitting around the tv watching Jools Holland's Hootenanny (hootenanny! definitly saying that more often!)

Luckily enough my mother was invited to a small gathering at her friends house which we headed to after midnight. T'was fun, I'd been told someone my age would be there (but there wasn't!) so I just hung out with my mum (who according to a happily sloshed bearded man would be a fox if she were on Creature Comforts-back away from my mum mister!).
I had about 2 glasses of wine and felt a tad off, before realising I'm not meant to drink when on antibiotics, so I remained young and sober. We played charades - if I can pride myself on one thing, it is that I annihilate at charades! Also -fun fact!- apparently the cake on the Rolling Stones album cover for Let It Bleed was baked by Delia Smith, drunk acquaintances of my mum know the zaniest things!
And everyone, cheers for the feedback on my first few posts! Does anyone else get a really happy feeling when they get a comment? I saw that people had commented actually on what I'd said and not just commented for the crack of it and I felt really special! But more importantly, this is where my resolution begins, so make sure you stay in touch and watch my progress, or if you like then give me advice on clothes and such.
I hope everyone's 2009 is happy and prosperous!!
Much love,
-Sarah

6 comments:

  1. Great tip about faux-fur coat, will def be trying that out!

    Happy New Year x

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so wonderful! And your hair is beautiful. I always hang out with my mom. In fact, I don't have a friend so my mom is my best friend. We spent New Years together, and I had some wine as well. I like drinking wine, makes me feel much joy. Everyone teases me. They say I get tipsy too fast, or that I never drink and that's why I feel the affects. People just don't understand do they!

    Well, like I had said, you look wonderful my lovely friend. and I've been following your blog, and will continue to do so. you're so interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you are feeling better lovely!! the flu is the worst! especially this time of the year..at least all the major parties are over..i still have a few to go though arggg
    all the best for your resolutions hun!!

    xxx LM :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh hon hope you didnt feel too unwell with the mix of the anti-biotics and the alcohol.
    darling both you and your mum looked great.like the prints you were weraing,
    big kiss.
    marian

    ReplyDelete