Friday 2 January 2009

Gentlemen prefer blondes

Hello! How are you there?

Today was my return to work - I work for a jewellery consession company who supply the jewellery racks in supermarkets and high street shops, so I restock the racks in my town at Superdrug and Tesco.
I realised I have a bad habit for my clothes, I always assume they'll look better off the shoulder. Maybe I'm just a bit snip happy, but I've lost many a garment after realising that they aren't improved after being ravaged by scissors.

That said, this sweater seems to work better, which was a relief because it's cosy. It was in the rag bin at the RSPCA and I saved it.

I always feel a slight pang of guilt when I wear this skirt. It's an ex-pair of Springsteen-era Levis which my Dad gave me along with another pair to patch up for him. Well, they got pushed aside and forgotten for a couple months, in which time he went on a diet and started wearing jeans only when he went out on walks. After some time I re-discovered them in my cupboard and shredded both pairs, somehow telling my Dad about this decision slipped my mind. So one morning he saw me rocking this skirt...well he wasn't best pleased. In my defense he has roughly 3 shelves of jeans, including another pair of these ones!

Oh, and these photos are taken in my mum's room, she has a wall of wardrobes with mirrors on the doors which is fun to dance infront of :) and also I can't walk around in my room due to the flotsam coating my floor.

I only did Superdrug today which was half an hour so I took some time to toddle around town a little. I rummaged through Age Concern and found this lush little Miss Selfridge top hiding in the racks. It was £3.49, so one is pleased!

And it matched my River Island boots, which made their well overdue debut today. I got them on sale for about £25 over a year ago and this year I'm determined to wear them because they deserve to be out!

Oh and currently I have my hair slicked back with hair dye, I've decided I can't bear my outrageous roots anymore! Also my hair was supposed to come out a lovely blonde last time, these pictures don't really do justice to it's true jaundiced brass colour.
I'm essentially in the pursuit of Brigitte Bardot's bombshell look, so fingers crossed my hair'll turn out a gorgeous blonde as opposed to another ginger catastrophe which I will convince my friends was intentional!
Much Love,
-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. sarah dear,loved this little post.i like your dads shreded jeans into skirt on you ;O)
    also the booties rock my dear.
    big kiss,
    marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. im sure your dad won't mind!
    thanks, ive added you to my links ;)
    molly x

    ReplyDelete