Saturday 3 January 2009

Bag it up

Hello there! How are you?
I suppose my Brigitte Bardot-esque bombshell look was somewhat a fail, but my roots are gone! So all is well.

I was at the RSPCA in the morning, and this photo's from standing on a table in my living room, still decked from Xmas.

This is probably amongst the top 5 favourite dresses in my cupboard. If I have to go somewhere and have forgotten to plan an outfit in advance (because yes, I do plan my outfit/s the night before) then this is always a safe bet for a last minute outfit.

I got it at Camden market last summer for a tenner, the middle section is a thick orange, grey and bronze tartan, the rest is all black velvet. The detail isn't picked out spectacularly in the photo, but it has a satin butterfly pattern on the top picked out with black jewels and a black sequinned belt.


These would be my outrageously overworn boots, does anyone else have shoes or just items they always seem to have on because they actually do just seem to go with everything? First and foremost, I'd like to clarify that I am most certainly a boot enthusiast. I've had these boots from Barrats about a year and a half. I wore these bad boys down without realising that when I went to get the re-heeled they had lost over half the height.












Whilst working away, someone brought an armful of bags to the counter from the back for me to price, and instantaneously I squirreled this away behind the desk incase any customer saw it. It's gorgeous ornate embossed leather and it has that pretty heavy leather sound. The manager let me have it for £1.99.

I'm a vegetarian and don't wear real fur, but I wouldn't rant at somebody for wearing animal because I do use leather products. I justify myself that my real leather products are generally vintage, I keep my leather usage to a minimum, the products themselves last much longer than an imitation leather would. A cow is never killed solely for it's hide, it's only a by-product of the meat industry unlike furs.


After a brief power-nap I was ready to head down to Tesco to organize the hell out of the Kid's jewellery. Since I work in the store, but not for the store, and I work on my own without my boss or a supervisor or anyone then I essentially get freedom to wear whatever. With that said, there is a dresscode, consisting of no miniskirts, sensible shoes, general don't-be-a-slag rules, nothing overtly strict.
I get the feeling that all of the Tesco staff look upon my partially fabulous outfits with unaffected scorn, frankly if I had to don the starchy blue shirts and frumpy long skirts and practical shoes I'd cry quite a bit. Well maybe not, I'd probably put up with it and just bitch about the uniform with other co-workers to make converstaion. Still though, uniform, bleurgh.
Also, check the badge! I know it's not incredible in the slightest, but honestly it makes me feel a bit special when I wear it.

I have a day left before I'm back to school, so I'm off to rush the last of my coursework and such.
Much love,
-Sarah

2 comments:

  1. adore that tooled leather bag and for that price?bargain! love the boots too dear! great that you can put stuff on hold for your self.
    muah,
    Marian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so jealous of that bag. it is off da charts!

    ReplyDelete