Tuesday 14 April 2009

Who wears short shorts?
























Yesterday was spent with my little cousin Rhiannan; I miss the age when everything within 7 feet of me was pink and that was considered cool! I was enlisted to demystify an enigmatic birthday present named MegaCoolFashionFunOmatic or something to that effect; it turned out to be a glamourized tagging gun. It was essentially just a big purple machine that tagged hearts and flowers loosely to bits of fabric and was nowhere near as effective or stylish as the examples on the box suggested, so we gave up and played Operation.


Then I headed off to my mates house to what I thought would be a revision session where I'd work on my English Lit essay work; when I arrived eveyone was finished revising and had spiralled into a state of general distraction, so I spent most of the afternoon modelling glasses and devising Bond-worthy weapons. I say Bond-worthy, it turns out you can just name things and then say "but it's really, like, a gun!" and have it be a legitimate super-spy weapon.

This scarf was originally something I picked up at the RSPCA for free because it was all stained. One particularly sleepless night I had nothing else to do, so I tied in some lengths of this wool to act as retro-look tassles. The dress is actually a skirt I got last year from the tynedale community hospice shop and it's cinched in with a stretchy belt also RSPCA from last week.

































Today I left the house in a H&M dress I picked up last year, the RSPCA stretchy belt, a tesco skirt and purple tights, and after having a brief charity shop crawl I picked up a £3.49 dress from Save The Children and a £3.99 frilly shirt from Oxfam; wasn't too sure of it at first but after playing dress-up oh how I'm adoring it now! And it goes well with my who-wears-short-shorts-I-wear-short-shorts DIY denim shorts (Ok, I just needed a reason to tie in some song lyrics so I can have a relevant title, and for some reason I've had a complete block where the only lyrics I can think of are short-shorts or the theme to Scrubs)



















Much Love!
Sarah
xx

4 comments:

  1. i love your big belt and your floral dress in the first outfit. very chic!
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed your blog, and haven't found the time to update myself with your beautiful style and words.

    Stay wonderful, look forward to future posts!!

    amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your purple tights! And the belt - RSPCA? Amazing! I miss charity shops in my area, central london has practically none!

    Thank you for the encouraging comment ;) I'm still dithering over the creepers though... Not sure my boyfriend would want to be seen with me when I'm wearing them lol.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. you have such great style love the bright colors!

    ReplyDelete